Wednesday, July 31, 2019

Our Baby Birds

A short while back I was cleaning in the barn and could hear some noise in the wall of the barn.  I was worried that it was rodents so off I went looking for the culprit to the noise.  After a brief investigation I found a hole in the outside wall of the barn. When I peeked in the hole there was three little fluff balls staring back. 
They are active little birds but we have not seen the mother bird.  She seems to keep them well fed and happy but always out of our sight.  Even though the mother is out of sight I am sure she is watching us every minute that we are checking on the baby birds. 
After posting some pictures on a wildlife forum, we found out that they are Kestrels.  The Kestrels are the smallest in the falcon family and are good birds to have around.  They eat mice and insects so hopefully they stick around and come back year after year. 
I can't help but post all of the baby bird pictures that I have. It has been so much fun to watch them grow up and start learning to fly.  
Until next time stay tuned and check back often!

No comments:

Post a Comment