Sunday, October 6, 2019

An Odd New Toy

As you all know I have this great love for my antique equipment but sometimes just owning it is not enough, sometimes I want to be able to do something useful with it.  While on Facebook Marketplace I came across just the thing that was useful and fun!  I came across a 4 quart White Mountain ice cream churn hooked up to a Maytag twin cylinder washing machine engine. 
At the moment it is not the prettiest set up but I am going to pretty it up with some better skids and wheels.  Even though it isn't pretty it is the sweetest running little engine!  I drove down to Salisbury Mass and squeezed it into the back of Allyssia's Ford Focus. After picking it up my buddy Spenser helped me get it running well as he is a bit of a Maytag nut!




Another picture for reference.  Someday I want to get a bigger churn and run it on a bigger hit and miss engine but for now this little gem is so much fun.  I have made two batches of ice cream so far and both have come out amazing!  Both have been vanilla but we are going to try many other flavors soon.  But enough of my talking on about it and time to see it running and making some ice cream!
                                                           Maytag Ice Cream Maker
My hope is that at engine shows I can get more people interested in the engines by seeing how fun they are. 



Until next time I will be working hard but will be can not wait to share more with you all.  Until next time stay tuned and check back often. 

No comments:

Post a Comment