Friday, March 27, 2020

Semi Catastrophic Failure

With the way things go on the farm there is not much that can surprise me.  However, I was awful surprised when I was pushing the manure pile, I felt and heard a curious noise.  Curious is never a good noise to hear around the farm.  With a cringe I backed off from the pile to find the loader tilted off at an angle that was most definitely not normal. 
I can not say that I am overly surprised with how much I push and lift with the the little bugger.  The worst part is that it broke so close to the lift point so I am going to have to sleeve the loader arm internally which is going to be a little tricky.
To make it easier and to beef up both sides at once I pulled the porta-band saw out and chopped the other loader arm so that I can sleeve that side as well.  I need to get the diameter of the loader pipes to make a sleeve on the lathe.  I have not had the time this last week to work on it between work and other projects but I as soon as I can, I will get on the lathe and make the parts I need.
So until I get to working on the lathe the skid steer is just a goofy looking six wheeled buggy with no bucket.  Until next time stay tuned and check back often. 

1 comment: