Tuesday, June 30, 2020

Old Smokey's New Implement of Destruction

For over a year now anybody that has followed my blog has seen that I have been plagued with more problems concerning my sickle mower than you can shake a stick at.  The sickle mower is worn out and rightfully so as it is from the fifties and has been used hard.  The sickle mower is also a bit of a chore to run and very slow to mow with.  This spring when I hooked onto the mower after working on it this winter I had problems I would care not to discuss.  In a great stroke of luck Allyssia's hay supplier knew I was searching for other options and sent me a Craigslist link for a tow behind bush hog. 




This gem was located right in Livermore so I did the reasonable thing and towed it behind my pickup truck the 5 miles to my parent's until I could get it on a trailer to haul home.  This little 5 foot bush hog is in decent shape with practically new tires and brand new blades on it.  The front of the bush hog is a little tender but it is still in great shape for its age. 
Knee deep grass in 2nd gear and it mows through like there was nothing there.  In what would have taken me 2 weeks with the sickle mower took me one afternoon with NO BREAKDOWNS!!!
I am so happy with this bush hog but I will keep my sickle mower and play around with it from time to time.
  Even through the lower field by the stream where I hadn't mowed last year I was able to mow with no problems.  While out mowing I am again so thankful for my sunbrella that I bought last year, it's no fun doing anything in the beating sun.  Until next time stay tuned and check back often! 





No comments:

Post a Comment