Tuesday, May 16, 2017

A great day for the farm

The last few days on the farm have been very productive.  We have gotten a lot accomplished in a short time and for the most part had fun doing so.  We started our weekend by building a stall in what was previously our hay room.  This new stall was brought on by the addition of a new boarder and a lack of a stall for the horse to stay in.  The stall went up exceptionally quick due to us buying a stall front off from Uncle Henry's.  The stall turned into a 12'x10' stall.  It is not 100% yet because I haven't finished the shutter for the outside as well as a few other minor things but the horse is living in it and happy. 
The other exciting news is that I finally got my Quadractor up and running.  Saturday the pulleys came in from Vermont and I couldn't bear to wait any longer.  I used the bench vise to press the bushings in, put the pulleys on and tested it out.
  I started by hauling a telephone pole and tonight tested it with logs.  We had some trees that were leaning awfully close to the box trailer so I cut them and hauled them out with the Quadractor.
  The last log I hauled was hard to winch out of the gully but once out on the flat it pulled along decently.  You can see my handy little Stihl ms170 saw in the passengers seat. That little saw is so handy for limbing and cutting the brush around where you are working.  It's light and compact which is the reason it is Allyssia's saw.  I also have a Stihl 362 which is a great saw with lots of power for the light weight.  I am a big fan of the Stihl power equipment but I wear Labonville chaps when cutting as they seem to fit best.   
Now the Quadractor still needs to have the primary drive belts replaced but for now I am going to play with it as it is.
This past weekend I also got the mower deck on my Groundskeeper but I of course forgot to take pictures.  After using it today I decided that this summer I need to rebuilt the spare deck as this one is so far gone that when I mow with it the lawn does not look good. 
More updates soon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment