Friday, May 5, 2017

Back to the Barn

Last weekend Allyssia and I got another large chunk of work done here at the farm.  We didn't start anything until Sunday so It was definitely a long day.  I started the day finally crossing the locker project off my list.  I finished putting the latches on them and they all work quite well. 
Allyssia also got a few small grease boards for each of the lockers to use them as stall cards!  They came out much better than I expected. 
The next major project was a large paddock area for my mare Annie and for another draft cross.  The paddock came out to about 60'x80'.  Again we have Gramdpa to thank for all the boards to build the fence.  We ended up having to go over to get more boards partway through the project but we finished it just in time to have it ready for the boarding horse that came in Monday morning. 
I tried to convince Allyssia that it was a good place to keep the bongo truck contained but she didn't agree.  The posts are landscaping timbers that we got at home depot and we have a stack big enough to do all around her outdoor riding arena. 

No comments:

Post a Comment