Saturday, November 4, 2017

A very slow week

So I haven't posted For a while and to be quite honest nothing much has happened for the last week.  Mostly I have been working late hours at work as it is coming into the heating season and the problems on everyone's systems are starting to become urgent.  In the few minutes of spare time I have had this week and into the weekend I have been able to sell some equipment.   I was able to sell and deliver an old parts snowmobile I had to Monmouth as well as a set of rims that came off from that old f-150 that I had.  I was also able to sell a leaf vacuum for my boss as he is slowly cleaning his garage out. 

 My boss converted it to run off from a Honda motor so it would work on the bigger tractor that he has but finally bought a new PTO driven one that is a lot easier to hookup and use


        The big thing I did accomplish this week was getting the old Ford truck on the trailer and getting all the fluids drained for the scrap yard.  I saved as many parts as I could use off from it and sold a bunch more but I just have no room or use for the rest of it.




It is a homely looking vehicle with all kinds of parts missing off from it and my night time picture taking skills aren't to great.  The only other project that has shown up and is on the very very far back burner is this little sand spreader that I picked up.
Now it is nothing fancy and is nothing pretty to look at but it spins freely and isn't to badly rusted. My plan is to someday hook it onto the front of one of my Bolens Groundskeepers.  I think that it could work decently to be able to snow blow with one and sand with the other. 
      I may not have been up to much but Allyssia has been busy with her second business.  This fall she took on being a Consultant for Lu La Roe and has been excelling at it.  We fixed up a room that she has dubbed her Lu La Room and she has portable racks to go to what they call pop up's.  This Saturday she had a pop up at a craft fair being held by the local high school. I helped her pack the car and unload it at the school then she was on her own. 




By herself and in a short time she had her mobile boutique set up and ready for business.  An event like this helps her to get more people to see what she does and who she is.  She is extremely good at making outfits and helping people pick the clothing that is right for them.  It is a job that she is seeming to enjoy thoroughly and is fun.
          Tomorrow night I plan to do a looking back in time blog and show off a tractor that I really enjoyed fixing up, The Satoh S650G



                                                           So stay tuned until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment