Sunday, November 3, 2019

I Need a Bookshelf!

Since I was younger I have loved to read.  Over time my reading interests have changed but it still stands that when I start a book I usually don't set it down much or do anything other than read until it is done.  A short while back I was at a customers house and they were showing me a book they found at a yard sale and it just happened to peak my interest.  The book was called "The Maine Two Footers."
Trains have never been of a huge interest to me but my interest was piqued when I saw that it had a lot to do with the Sandy River line that came through Farmington!  Off to amazon I went and ordered the book that came from a third party seller as it is no longer published. It arrived Friday and I have had a hectic weekend and havent set down to read yet but I am impatiently waiting to start it.  Another few books I have gotten recently are a few engine related books from Grampa.
The first two books are of just about every hit and miss engine manufacture with a short write up and a picture or illustration.  The third is by the same author and is a history of everything International Harvester.  It is so complete of a history that it starts with the horse drawn mowing machines to the engines, trucks, and even their baling twine.  The next book by the author C.H. Wendel will be his "150 Years of J.I. Case". Before I can do that though I need a bookshelf to store all of these books as well as my Snoopy books and many others.  Until next time stay tuned and check back often. 

No comments:

Post a Comment