Saturday, April 29, 2017

Another addition. or two....

So today, thanks to my Aunt Cheryl I acquired a few vehicles.  I got a 90's style ford F-150.  It is awful rusty but I am going to try to get it running and use it around the farm, but I haven't completely decided yet.  It has no breaks, Grandpa and I found that out when we were trying to load it. 
You can see I drove it into the ditch as we went down the hill to avoid running straight into Aunt Cheryl's pickup.  At that point I was saved by a small stump to ram up against.
We proceeded to pull it back up the hill a bit and coasted it onto the flat.  Once on the flat we backed the trailer up to the truck.  Here again I thank grandpa for buying the winch that we have on our deck over trailer.  It has saved us more times already than I can count.  We winched the truck on easily and we were on our way.
 
Unloading it was a charm! Grampa used a large stick to push the truck and we just rolled it off the trailer with a loud bang.  I don't have pictures but Allyssia and I towed it up to the house with my OBS Ford, it was quite a sight coming up the driveway. 
 
The second vehicle is a Mazda MPV mini van. 

We actually got this one to run to get it onto the trailer.  We had it running when we got the Ford but had to come back for it.  The second trip was Myself and Jake,  Allyssia's younger brother.  We had it loaded in no time and chained down. 
 Again I failed to get pictures but to get it off the trailer we had to jump start it with the bongo truck. (I will have a post on the bongo truck soon).  The van runs nicely but needs some work.  I plan on bringing it to Barry's Garage in town to have him check it over for an inspection to see what it needs before deciding what I really want to do with it.  Overall it was a good day and tomorrow's post will touch on the rest of the day and the other projects that I have worked on. 
So until next time........ 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment