Monday, December 17, 2018

Christmas Time is Here

With Thanksgiving gone by Allyssia decided we had to have a Christmas tree and all of the decorations.  Now we did not get a perfectly manicured tree from a tree farm but we did get a big tree.  Being one of the last trees off from the Oullette tree farm and topping out at eight feet tall I give you this years Christmas tree. 
Luckily we have Cathedral ceilings!  My favorite part of Christmas decorating is the Christmas village.  Last year was only our second Christmas so we didn't have many houses or village items.  Well over the summer and when the villages are on clearance we bought quite a few pieces.  What we found out when we took it all out is that we needed more room to put all of the village.  Allyssia found the idea of using an old ladder with boards across the rungs for the village but alas I couldn't find one that would work.  So with some of my hidden 2x4's and pine boards I built a Christmas ladder. 
Allyssia is already planning on expansion so next year I will have to build another one to fit all of our villages on!  Until next time stay tuned and check back often. 

No comments:

Post a Comment