Sunday, February 3, 2019

A Project for Allyssia

If you know me just by my blog you might think that all I do is just tractor related.  Now you would not be wrong to think that because a lot of what I post is tractor related,  but sometimes I pull out my creative side and build things for Allyssia.  Now this project I can't claim that I came up with the idea but I did execute it well.  The general idea of this project is to have a clean white table for Allyssia to take flat lay pictures on for her LuLaRoe business. Simply enough it started with a 36"x36" art canvas and a piano hinge. 
Hidden behind the canvas is a strip of plywood mounted to the studs so that I would have a good solid place to mount the hinge to.  Much to Allyssia's dislike I used every single screw that came with the hinge, but it wont ever come apart.  Now I would also love to say that I planned for it to be just perfectly hung where it just barely clears the baseboard but that was just luck!
After Allyssia decided the angle I cut two 1"x1" legs and drilled holes through the legs and the canvas frame.  To make it easy to fold up I countersunk the inside hole and used some carriage bolts and wing nuts on the outside.  This setup is so much easier for Allyssia to use and quicker too!!  Maybe she will pipe up on Facebook to let you know how well it has worked out for her!
Until next time stay tuned and check back often. 

No comments:

Post a Comment