Friday, June 21, 2019

A Continued tale from Mother's Day

I am not sure how many of you remember my Mother's day weekend post where I admitted to hauling another piece of machinery but I never did showed it off.  Today is the day that I finally show off the awesome gas powered antique tool that I brought home to play with.  Introducing my new Jaeger cement mixer!
The best I can find so far is that it is an early to mid fourties machine.  It has definitely been used in its life and probably mixed many yards of cement but for me it is still in great shape!  The mixer is powered by an international LB model engine.

This is the smaller brother to the engine that I mounted to the cart and hooked up to the water pump.  I brought it home not running and it had been sitting for a good many years.  I started out filing the cylinder with ATF because it had low compression and the ATF is said to help free up stuck piston rings.  I then removed the tank and carburetor because the gas had evaporated and left a nasty film in it. 
The tank I washed out with kerosene and the carburetor I set in my ultrasonic cleaner and then blew it out with compressed air.  After that it all went back together and I proceeded to crank the engine over to no avail.  I came to and from the engine quite a bit trying to get it to run trying different things until my arm was tired and then I would quit for a bit.
                                                           First run of the Jaeger
After a while I did get it to start up with the help of my friend Spenser but it did not stay running long.  I believe the condenser in the magneto is bad and needs to be replaced and I will get there soo but for now I am just glad that it started up.  Stay tuned and check back often.  

No comments:

Post a Comment