Sunday, January 5, 2020

Bring on The New Year

This year at work my on call holiday just happened to be New Years.  Since I was on call Allyssia and I did not do anything spectacular and we stayed home and watched TV.  Around 9PM New Years Eve I got called out and spent multiple hours unplugging a boiler and showed up home covered in soot and smelling of oil just in time to ring in the new year.  When we woke up on Wednesday it was like any other day.  Horses needed tending to and as always we had lots we would like to get done.  So after chores and getting done what we wanted to do - we went for a nice walk. 
After our wonderful walk through the fields We got back to the barn and Roland napped in the tack room.  I also would have loved a nap but while out back I decided on a more fun adventure.  With a battery and a couple cranks on Old Smokey, we were up and running for the first time for the New Year. 
Allyssia followed me through the field on the three wheeler and I spent a good half hour driving through the field enjoying myself. 
Old Smokey ran perfectly and pushed through the snow with ease.  I packed down a few trails around the paddocks for the three wheeler and Old Smokey.  I am hoping that I can continue traveling around the fields this winter. 
Taking Old Smokey out was the best way to ring in the New Year.  Allyssia and Cricket even had a good time out in the field. 
                                                        New Years With Old Smokey
Hope you all can follow us through another exciting new year.  Stay tuned and check back often as we love having you as part of our lives!

No comments:

Post a Comment