Thursday, September 21, 2017

Putting another trailer together

A short while back I tore down an older pop up camper that was given to me a few years back.  The camper was full of ants and mold so I ripped the outer shell while saving all the aluminum and bits of stainless for scrap.  The camper actually came apart quite well and fit into my small box trailer to go to the dump.  I haven't decided if this trailer is going to stay but if it does it is done right. 

So as you can tell I did my boarding of the trailer at night under the flood light.  Under the boards are 2x4's screwed into the frame about a foot apart.  I had planned on buying some tractor supply fenders but couldn't find any in my cheap price range or the right size so I built them out of wood.

These fenders may be just wood but I was jumping up and down on them and they are sturdy.  I haven't really done much with angles like that but I think that it came out quite well. 

I haven't put lights on it yet because like I said I don't know what I am going to do with it.  We do need another chicken coop to hold all of our "second crop" chickens.  The trailer is fairly light as it sets now and I towed it around with the estate keeper. 

My other FUN project was working on the roof of Allyssia's horse barn.  We have been having troubles with the roof leaking especially bad on the back side.  The bad part of this is that the tack/grain room is on the backside.  I have tried a few different solutions like checking to make sure all the nails and screws have washers and even caulking the roofing seams. Nothing seemed to do much so I went for the harder route.  The five gallon bucket there is an aluminum roof sealer most commonly used on mobile homes.

It goes on with a bit of a brown shade but dries silver.  It took Allyssia and I about 2 hours to spread the ten gallons of sealer across about forty feet of roof.  In the process I found out that it comes off your hands very tough and ruins pants but low and behold it does not reseal boots.

So that's the finished product and yes I did get that small spot that's bare because it bothered me.  Now we are waiting for rain to see if it holds up, but we aren't wishing to hard as we are enjoying the warm sunny weather. 

Just for reference here is the roof color and look before the sealer.  I am just hoping that it doesn't bother the shedding of the snow this winter and cause me to have to climb up there and shovel even more.  stay tuned because next update is the diesel 1050 hood build. 

No comments:

Post a Comment