Saturday, September 16, 2017

Still plugging along on the estate keeper

As promised today I will continue the super long saga of the diesel Estate Keeper.  For starters I finally got my new tires and got them installed.  I did them all myself and tubed them from the start to avoid future problems with leaking tires because if there is one thing I hate - it is constantly filling leaky tires. 
Here is the first sneak peak of my new tires.  I can honestly say that they went on so much easier than the old ones, that I believe were original turf tires.  I ended up cutting the tread as close to the rim with a saws all and finishing off the steel cable bead with a cold chisel
The tires with the deep tread actually lift the tractor up off the ground more and boy doesn't it make it look mean.  Jacob and I used it quite a bit today now that it can be steered decently and not on a flat tire.  The trailer came in handy moving a bunch of Bolens attachments out of the shed that I sold today.  I have also been working slowly on the mower deck so maybe I can get one mow out of the tractor this year. 
I finally have all of my spindle assembly's put together and almost all of the parts ordered.  I am waiting on one more idler pulley and I need some more green paint to finish off the bracket and the gearbox.
All of the spindle assembly's are installed and working. At this point it is again a waiting game as we are waiting on the parts store and on Owen to get it in gear and finish painting the parts to reassemble it. 
Now for the best part of my week - I know that most would think that some nice new tires would be the best part of the week but for me finally finishing up the woodpile and having all my wood in the basement drying for this winter is a great feeling.  Now I am back on the fixing path because my little super-splitter exploded on me half way through the last tier of wood.  I patched it back together but this winter it needs a big overhaul to get ready for next winter's firewood.
Stay tuned for more, I'll try to keep it exciting

No comments:

Post a Comment