Tuesday, October 10, 2017

Diesel Bolens 1050 project coming to a close.

I am finally glad to announce that the Diesel 1050 project is slowly coming to a close. After sandblasting, grinding, wire brushing, and putting the bondo on it I finally got to painting it.  I used a heavy fill primer and then a gloss white paint.  For jobs like this I just use Rustoelum brand rattle cans.  After the paint I put a clear coat on to help protect the paint. 




There are still a few odds and ends to be wrapped up like the getting the grill painted black and some round LED lights put in and wired. Today I got the last coat of clear gloss on and got the hood installed.



I did get the Hinge bolted to the tractor to test it.  This Tractor has been a few years in the process and it is so great to finally be on the home stretch with it. Also today instead of watching the paint dry I finished another little project for this winter.



This little dustpan plow has been hanging around my house for a while but it had no mount. I had picked the plow up with a tractor that I bought and now I finally have a tractor to push it.  The push plates were from an old Bolens snowblower.  This afternoon I welded the plow and the bracket together and test mounted it to the tractor.




It came out level and tomorrow I plan to get some action shots pushing some sawdust, bark and eventually in a few weeks - some snow.  After building and mounting the plow I opened the hood and dropped the hood on the plow and decided to make a safety chain.



The safety chain is held with a clevis so it can be easily unhooked and the hood removed. Tomorrow I hope to have lights to installed and a nice action video of it running.
Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment