Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Smaller projects before winter

After a few slow days where I was sick and not doing much of anything I am right back to some small projects.  First I got the headlights and a tail light wired into the diesel 1050.




I was able to use some nice Grote brand headlights and a nice led tail light.  They are wired into an original light switch and as you can see they are sufficiently bright.



This winter they are going to do well for plowing.  I may also build a grader blade for the sleeve hitch on the rear.  Secondly and hopefully lastly on the diesel 1050 I built an exhaust off the side of the hood.  I had originally just cut a hole but wanted more of a big tractor look so i came off the side of the hood with a flange and an elbow.  After taking the picture I added a short extension and a rain flapper.




That unfortunately is the shortest exhaust elbow that you can get and it does stick out quite a bit but looks good from the seat.
The exhaust doesn't fit directly against the muffler but it is close enough that most of the smoke goes up and out.  The next small project is on my woodstove.




It all starts with this little inducer fan I got at work to make a small blower to go through the heat exchange in the stove. 



I welded it to a piece of 2 1/2 inch exhaust and screwed it to the heat exchange on the stove. I tested it out and it has Allyssia's seal of approval for adding extra heat to the house.



The motor draws little to nothing as it's a 220v motor.  Next time i will have to show off my home built plenum.  I am also starting on the other steering cable on the Quadractor so that it will drive straight.

No comments:

Post a Comment