Monday, October 2, 2017

Finishing some projects

Before winter comes blazing in I have been trying to finish up some projects. The biggest and longest running project that I have been working at has been the Estate Keeper. Now I haven't built a hood for this yet but I have finished the mower deck and tested it out.




After much searching and waiting I finally found another idler pulley and finished painting the deck.  I was able to give it a good test run mowing the back lawn and after finally figuring out the height adjustment it made the lawn look like a golf course. Now being my usual self I did not get pictures of the golf course lawn but Allyssia did snap a few action shots down at the barn.



For the barn, the deck has to be left high due to the mounds of horse manure and large assortments of rocks.  When I mow, split wood, or do any other tractor related job I like my work tunes as seen in this picture.  I bought mine when I used to do a lot more push mowing and now wouldn't be without them.



Since the mower deck was not working when I did the engine swap I am not sure if it is the fully rebuilt deck that does it or the diesel power but the deck will mow through some heavy deep grass/hay field. 



Here is the hood for my diesel 1050 primed but not painted yet.  It will end up being white with a black grill.  The top needed some bondo work, which I did, and then sanded but when it got primed the defects in the bondo really showed up so I will need to re-sand and prime again when I get home from vacation.  Allyssia has even offered to hand paint the grill black to help avoid dribbles on the white paint. 
     This week I wont have to much for updates except for a little bit about our vacation that we are taking.  We are in North Conway, New Hampshire for a few nights and then on our way to Vermont. Today we spent a whole day at the Fryeburg Fair and I picked up a sweet new logging tool - but more on that tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment