Tuesday, September 18, 2018

Can it be saved

The news on the Bongo truck radiator is - there was one small leak found and patched and the radiator is back in the truck.  With a gallon of anti freeze and a bottle of Bars stop leak I had it fired back up and running.
                                                Bars radiator repair and stop leak
I am not sure that the stop leak was needed but the guy that fixed the radiator recommended I put some in because the radiator is plastic and that makes it hard to fix unlike the old ones.  I followed the instructions given and have been parking it over a mat to check for anti-freeze leaks but luckily have had none.
What I have had is a bad alternator in my big truck.  Saturday after going to the dump I was watching the voltage gauge dropping and not coming back up.  I left the truck running at each stop until I got to Motor Supply and they tested the alternator and told me what I didn't want to hear.  An hour and $130 poorer later I had the new alternator in and we are back running like new.  As always we are busy around the farm so stay tuned until next time and leave a comment to let me know what you think. 

No comments:

Post a Comment