Tuesday, September 11, 2018

The Bongo Adventures

The Bongo truck is involved in almost every project around the farm in some way, shape or form.  So that being said there isn't hardly a day that goes by that the Bongo truck isn't used. 
I take special care of this truck by regularly washing it off, changing the oil, checking the fluids, adding anti freeze and greasing it.  So after four wheeling and losing the front bumper I just had to pressure wash it and clean all the mud off to get the bumper re-installed.  When pressure washing I looked under the truck and got sprayed with a tiny stream of anti freeze - assuming that there was a hole in the radiator, I started the process of removing it to get it fixed because I simply can not be without my Bongo truck!

It was hard to get a good picture of what was going on but to get at anything in the front of the motor you have to access it from under the seats.  I ratchet strapped the seat bottoms in the up position and removed the center console of the truck to gain better access.  With the center console out I was able to remove the four bolts holding the radiator in and the two clamps holding the inlet and outlet houses on and drain the anti freeze without any mess.

After the radiator was drained it slid right out of the engine bay with very little resistance.  The radiator is an extremely small single layer radiator but it is a pricey little part.  Before I buy a new radiator I brought it to a radiator repair shop in Canton to see if they can fix it. 






My foot is just a reference but the radiator is small and light.  I was able to turn the radiator sideways with one hand and hold all the hoses out of the way for removal. 
At this point I am waiting on the repair shop to let me know what they find with the radiator - whether it is fixable or not.  If it is fixable, it should only take me about an hour and a gallon of antifreeze for me to be back on the road.  Hopefully the radiator is fixable and I don't have to buy a new one as that could take up to 3 weeks to import and I don't know if I would last that long without my Bongo truck!

No comments:

Post a Comment