Monday, September 24, 2018

A Half a World Away

After a month being home on leave and having fun goofing off - the best man in my wedding, my co-worker, and best friend is leaving for Japan tomorrow.  Not all of you know Connor because he was at boot camp when I started this blog so he has been gone in the Marines for practically the last year.  If I had started this blog sooner Connor would probably have been brought up as much as Allyssia!!  Connor and I started hanging out more when I started working for A. Maurais and Son, which is his father's company.  The two of us have done countless jobs together as the Maurais-Timberlake team. We also hung out outside of work doing just about anything from Connor helping me get tractors, to hiking.
All through high school Connor and I hung out at work and out of work and we even let Allyssia come with us once and a while.  Naturally when Allyssia and I got married Connor was the best man. 
Then Connor joined the United States Marine Corps.  The Marines is something he has been passionate about for years. After 3 months of basic training, a few more months at MCT, and his favorite schooling at Pensacola and Aglin military bases - Connor came home on leave for thirty days. 




Now in thirty days one can only do so much but Connor and I got to hang out quite a bit.  Tomorrow Connor heads back to Florida and then from there heads to his duty station for the next two years in Japan.  We are definitely going to miss Connor being around here for the next two years.  The good news is that even with the time change he can stay caught up to date with what we are doing here as he is one of my most loyal readers!  So stay tuned and check beck often.  And Connor I told you that you would get your own blog post. 

No comments:

Post a Comment