Tuesday, January 1, 2019

A New Year

The new year is going to be a time of old projects mixed with new projects.  This year is going to be an exciting mix of tractors, engines, family, and our farm!  In the past year there have many projects come and go and another good many that have come and are still inching along ever so slowly.  Now I do intend to finish all my projects but like the Oliver project I can not promise them all in a timely manner.  Speaking about the Oliver project, the crawler is still coming along ever so slowly.  For the past few weeks I have had the Carburetor soaking in a cleaner.  I bought the cleaner at Motor Supply because of the recommendation of one of the counter guys. 
After leaving the carburetor soaking for almost two weeks I blew it out with the air compressor and re-assembled it.  As the first time using the cleaner I was leery but I will tell you that every time I tear a tractor apart and need to clean the Carburetor it will be taking a nice bath in this can of cleaner.  It left the Carburetor looking clean inside and out.  There was no grime of flakes of rust anywhere.  After using it I can say nothing but good about it. 




The can even comes with a nice little basket that nestles into the bottom to hold any small part.
  Enough about the cleaner in a can and back to the Oliver itself.  After re-assembly and new spark plugs and wires I finally have it so it can be started and will idle.  At this point it still is not at 100% but it is running none the less. 

We are only a short ways away now from pushing snow, the manure pile, and lifting engines with the Oliver!
As we all know I never have a single project going at once.  This is my latest project: a miniature hay wagon to mount the Galloway on.



I started this project when I still lived at my parents and decided that it would be perfect for the Galloway or any other engine.  The two risers will be coming off and it will be planked.  There is still a bit of welding to be done but this should be a quick project.   A quick project like that has to be quickly succeed with the start of a long project!



This is a Model A truck frame set up as a trailer.  My plan for this is to build a deck on it and turn it into a mobile hit and miss powered ice cream maker.  It is hard to imagine looking at the frame but it will be a work in progress.  That will be all for today but until next time stay tuned and leave a comment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment