Thursday, January 17, 2019

Just the Hitch Left

Work has been keeping me busy lately and to be quite honest I have barely done a thing except for keep the wood stove burning.  My problem lately has been that my shop takes a while to warm up and by the time I get home from work it would be a waste of oil to try to heat my shop up for the few minutes I would be out there.  This past week we did have one nice day that I made it into the shop with multiple layers on and attempted to finish a project.  As I said before this project has been in the process for around five years and I am finally finding time and a reason to finish it.
This is going to be the Galloway trailer when it is finished.  The trailer is two lawn mower front axles welded to some two inch box tubing.  The rear axle is welded straight while the front steers like a hay trailer.

I went the sturdier and more adjustable route with the steering and used Ball joints on the steering rods rather than just a solid rod like the original lawn mower had.  When I started this project I was able to pick the frame up to move and store it but now with the wet hemlock boarding and the extra hardware it is to be wheeled around only!




Saturday I plan to finish the hitch and mount the Galloway onto the cart.  I would love to stay caught up on my blogs a little bit better but with my work schedule I fall behind.  To make up for this I am going to start posting little sneak peak previews on my Facebook page and doing multiple blog posts over the weekend when I am not working.  So until next time stay tuned and as always check back often for more fun. 


No comments:

Post a Comment