Friday, March 10, 2017

The "Maine" nuts and bolts

Welcome to my blog and the home of the Funny Window Farm.  We are located in Maine with our "farm" spread  out between Livermore Falls and Peru.  I deal in a large variety of what I like to call "merchandise of opportunity" or "Rusty Gold".   Most of the equipment that shows up in our dooryard arrives on our deck-over trailer after having been winched, pulled, pushed, or maneuvered on. 
The funny window farm is not just junk equipment and rust though, the farm consists of a 112 acre plot of land in Peru that I bought to build a house and horse barn for my wife on.  We currently have a 30 foot by 50 foot two story barn, a small chicken house and a fruit tree orchard.
 
 
As I go along through this blog I will be telling of my time on the farm in Peru, the work around our current residence, horse barn and garden, as well as the tales of the rusty gold that slowly migrates through my yard.  There will also be posts and pictures of equipment  that has come and gone, because some things I couldn't keep and had to let move on for someone else to appreciate.
Check back soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment