Wednesday, March 29, 2017

multi function update of the day

So already this week we have accomplished a lot at the farm.  With striking it off from my to do list in mind I finished the main parts of the farm stand.  It now has a roof, a nice sturdy shelf inside and a door! 
Now the door was made to be light so I did not use the hemlock that I used on the rest of the building.  I ended up using 2x3's with the sheet metal roofing that was so graciously donated by my boss. 
So for your farm stand shopping convenience you can stay out of the rain as you buy your veggies or eggs. Allyssia will be designing and we will be building and adding a few more shelves but we need to find a good design. 
The next saga with the little farm stand is to relocate it to its summer resting spot and blocking it on some cinder blocks. Stay tuned for more of the little farm stand saga.
The next bit of fun I have had this week is that I finally got my secondary drive belts for the quadractor.  This summer when the weather is nicer I plan on replacing the primary drive belts but for now I am starting with the secondary's as they need it and are very easy to access.  I am also rebuilding a few of the idler pulleys which shouldn't be hard as they are just 3" flat idlers. 
What a beautiful sight.
 I have also rewired the starter, winch, and the auxiliary battery terminals with new ends and longer wires.  The last thing is a new carb kit coming from Small Engine Specialty up in Peru.  I hope to have the old girl running and have videos soon. 
Yes that's the kitchen table, and yes Allyssia puts up with a lot.
 
To better post videos I will be making a YouTube account and will just post links as the last video I posted did not seem to work well.  So until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment