Tuesday, August 1, 2017

Diesel prelude to my next project

A few years back I started rebuilding a tractor that meant quite a bit to me.  I completely repainted and went through my Peperes old Bolens 1050.  It was the first tractor that I had repainted and it came out decently.  The problem I had was that when I completed the paint job I never got the old Wisconsin engine running.  I got frustrated and quit on the project and picked it back up a few different times.  I finally decided one day that I was going to get the tractor running one way or another. 
Here is what it looked like when I finally decided what I was going to do. I ended up ordering a 10hp Yanmar Clone Ciesel Engine from the Carol Stream Motor Company.  It ran me $700 but for this tractor it was probably the best $700 I could have spent.  I also put some brand new AG style tires on the front and the back.  The engine was put on a aluminum plate and mounted to the tube frame. 
Now the diesel engine is a lot bigger than the old gas Wisconsin Engine so the hood didn't quite fit and I still haven't customized a hood to fit.  When I do dive into the hood it will take two hoods to build the one custom fit hood for the tractor.
I use the tractor to pull a single bottom plow, rototill, plow and many other small farm tasks.
This was the garden when I started with the single bottom plow.
Here is the finished product of our garden being plowed tilled and then mixed with manure.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment