Wednesday, August 23, 2017

The first drive

So today Jacob and I got the Diesel Bolens running.  After I got the bushing and key in last night I measured for belts and picked them up at Motor Supply today.  I got one to test for the PTO belt and it fit fine but the two I got for the drive were about an inch too long. Tomorrow I will pick up the new drive belts and another PTO belt.  When we started working on it we were having trouble getting it to turn over and it turns out that the solenoid was bad.  In the video you can see the wiring is "spaghetti" wired and dangling.  After finding a new solenoid we just kind of dangled it in there. 
 
 
 There are a few flat tires that wont hold air or leak too quick to bother with.  Tomorrow we plan on wiring the key switch into the dash and hooking the new solenoid in permanently.  We also have to work on a battery tray so that it doesn't have to be bungee corded and balanced on the rear of the tractor.   More updates tomorrow as we work on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment