Friday, February 2, 2018

The Sad End of the Peru Era.

It is with great sadness that we are closing a chapter in our lives we have loved, what we know as the homestead in Peru.  I purchased the land with a 40'x50' pole barn on it back in 2014.  When I first went to look at it I instantly fell in love and decided that I had to have it.  After much hassle with the bank it finally became mine.
This view is what prompted the name The Funny Window farm.  All around the barn are windows everywhere.  The joke was that the builders ran out of wood and started placing windows to make up for the space.  We had planned on building a house out behind the barn with a daylight basement as we have grown and gotten married and have found a new direction in life we have decided that at this point in our lives it was to much for us to do all at once. 
I still think the property is just amazing.  I love it up on the mountain in Peru even though it is always a bit windy and cool it still holds a place in my heart.  This little shed was one of the many projects I undertook on the homestead shoring it up and fixing the side of it.  I have taken very careful measurements of the shed so that someday I can replicate the shed on a new chunk of property.
It did take some time for Allyssia to warm up to the property but I think that she loved it almost as much as I did.  We had a lot of memories up in Peru and we even took our engagement photos up there. 
This picture was one of our engagement photos and one of my favorite photos from the property.  There is a trapdoor to get large items upstairs and that is where we are sitting.  The soon to be new owners are extremely nice people and I hope to be able to go visit the property periodically and check up on it. 
We are on the lookout for another property but aren't in to much of a rush.  When we do came across something that fits our needs we will put out all into that just like we did on the homestead in Peru.  It will be missed but someday we will have something just as good or better.



                                            Until next time stay tuned and check by often. 


No comments:

Post a Comment