Monday, August 20, 2018

A Jump Start on the Truck

Last night's blog post was fairly dry and lengthy so tonight I am keeping it short and simple!  While the truck is down with a missing drive shaft it seemed like a great time to do some other odds and ends.  Last night the batteries came out and landed on the charger for the day and this evening the real work started.  I buy most of my parts from Motor Supply but tonight when I got home I realized that I got a fuel filter and not an oil filter so off to O-Reilly's I went.  While there I came across something I don't know how I lived with out. 
Its nothing more than a 24 quart or 6 gallon oil drain pan but it made the oil change so easy.  There was no switching buckets to catch all 3 gallons of oil and no spillage when I removed the filter because it is wide enough.  It also fit all 17 quarts of transmission fluid and seals right up for transport.  I will bring all the oil to my mechanic to burn in his waste oil burner. 




I ran through over a case of ATF and just under 3 gallons of synthetic Rotella T6 oil.  Tomorrow I am getting another few quarts of ATF to change the transfer case fluid. My slip yolk should also be in so I can get the old girl back together and running.  Even though I don't really need the truck right now it feels weird to not have it running.  Stay tuned tomorrow and as always leave me a comment and check back often. 

No comments:

Post a Comment