Sunday, August 12, 2018

And a week flys by

Since My last post I have dropped off the map for a week so to speak.  Today is just a quick fill you in post because I can't fall too far behind.  Last week I ended up taking a sick day mid week and I stayed home and slept most of the day.  My boss and Allyssia think that it was sun sickness as we worked the entire day before in the sun.  I probably would have been fine but when I got home I threw 100 bales of hay into the hay loft and I think that put me over the edge.  Now it is hard to believe but that one day of doing nothing set me back a few days on my to do list.  Luckily today when we were hauling 425 bales of hay we had some amazing help.  Both my parents came and helped haul and throw hay as well as one of Allyssia's friends.  Other than that one of my friends stopped in while in the area after buying a saw rig.  when he got home he set it up and sent me a video of it running and I decided that I would like to do the same. 
Spenser's saw rig hooked up to a 2hp Fairbanks Morse hit and miss
So I would really like to hear EVERYONE'S opinion on setting up a saw rig.  I would use the rig that came with the Super A and probably the air cooled hit and miss engine that I usually bring to shows.  I would build a small shed with opening sides for the engine and have the saw rig outside of it.  Let me know what you all thing on here or go on my Facebook page and leave a comment. I enjoy hearing from my readers. As always check back often because we are always busy here at the farm. 

1 comment:

  1. The way I see it, you're actually using an antique engine for real work, not just loafing it along at a show. I had a great time running my rig, even if it was just barely wheezing along. I plan to use it quite a bit when I get my engine going better, and more so when the Waterloo Boy is restored. I think an old engine and saw would be quite fun. Just make sure the blade is set up properly. They say they could outdo a good chainsaw.

    ReplyDelete