Sunday, October 21, 2018

Now entering Heating Season

Since last weekend where I was on call for work I have worked quite a few extra hours.  As a plumbing and heating technician the fall season coming into winter is our busiest season.  With the cold and holidays fast approaching everyone wants their work done quick.  For me that means that in the coming weeks I will do any thing from furnace cleanings to new installs and everything in between.  Even with working 10-12 hour days I still managed to get a little bit done this week.  I have slowly continued the momentum on getting the Oliver running. 
The fuel tank is installed with new lines and an inline filter.  The drive line is all set with the universals all greased and new cotter pins.  I even have the new radiator hoses in and the whole block and radiator full with no leaks.  This has been an extremely slow process but we are coming to a close with the last thing being the carburetor.  Hopefully next post will be me driving around the driveway with the Oliver. 




And here we are back on the idea that winter is coming.  I did my final sickle mowing this weekend in the high winds and decided to put Old Smokey under cover for the winter.  I left the sickle mower attached but removed the pitman arm for the winter.  On our last list of winterizing projects for the winter we tried to incorporate all of our chickens together.
We have six that are older and only lay a few eggs here and there.  We were afraid that they would freeze by themselves in the outside coop on wheels so we moved them into the big coop. They don't seem to be fighting but you can see that they are all in one box except for the one that decided the lamp was the best perch.  Over all myself and Allyssia have been super busy, so don't forget to check back often.  If you are on Facebook check us out there as I sometimes post little bits on my page when I don't have the time or a laptop to do a full blog post. 

No comments:

Post a Comment