Tuesday, October 9, 2018

The Bulldog that isn't a Dog

In almost 100 blog posts I don't think that I have really mentioned how much I love the old Hit and miss engines until the last few where my blog has been inundated with pictures of hit and miss engines.  Well if you were expecting today to be any different you would be wrong, because not only did I get another hit and miss engine but I got one attached to a big old saw!
So this is a 4 hp Bulldog attached to a cord wood saw.  On top of my many other projects I now want to build a shed for this to go in as well as a few other hit and miss powered tools.  Judging by the size of this saw set up the shed is going to have to be pretty darn big.  Thursday I went and picked this rig up and ended up just unloading it in the driveway due to my brother needing the trailer.  I was not going to do much to it right off but with it sitting there I just had to play around with it.  The engine had been sitting for 3 years or so but needed very little.  I hooked a battery on, cleaned the contacts on the buzz coil, primed it and she fired right up.  Here is a video of me starting and running it with the saw after it warmed up a little bit.
                                                               Bulldog and Saw Rig
At the moment I have only been cutting up some junk 2x4's but it used to get used cutting up slabs from a sawmill.  The engine needs a little cleaning up and I plan on pressure washing it when I have the pressure washer going next. Stay tuned and check back often for more fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment