Sunday, October 14, 2018

The Oliver in Reverse

As everything else around here, the Oliver is moving in the same slow succession as all of my other projects.  It has started it's move back to being a whole crawler again.  With the help of the finest assistant possible I have finally lowered the engine back in the engine bay. 
Allyssia just happens to be the best jack, and engine hoist operator.  It is so much easier to work with her running the hoist and with me under the tractor getting the bolts lined up and in.  It is always great having Allyssia help as she adds a great commentary to the work at hand, and shes pretty handy handing tools to me too.
I also have Cricket to come help and sit in the light. 
.



I currently have the engine in and full of antifreeze but I had a few leaks so tomorrow I will get some new radiator hose and clamps to fix it up.  There also was a slight leak on the oil pan that I JB welded and as of now it is holding oil.  I hope to have the carburetor cleaned and ready to install very soon.  Stay tuned for more fun and soon to be a running crawler. 
Also, more home improvements are coming with the porch and the new boiler!

No comments:

Post a Comment