Saturday, November 24, 2018

The Long Overdue First Drive

I can remember the last time that Grampa and I used the Oliver at his house like it was yesterday.  It was winter and we had gone up into the woods on the four wheeler and we got awful stuck.  At the time it seemed like we were ten miles into the woods and we had to walk all the way down out of the woods and through the field back to the house.  Once back at the house we took the Oliver all the way up to where the four wheeler was and got unstuck and cleared a path to drive back.  Then it was back down to the house with the Oliver and you can see where this is going, another ten mile walk back up in the woods!  I know that Grampa used it after that some but I don't remember riding on it after that.  Since about 2003 the Oliver has set out back of Grampa's house and he has had multiple opportunities to sell it but he held out knowing that I wanted it.  As I have said before I hauled it home two and a half years ago and since May 2018 the blog posts have been piling up like crazy updating you all to the craziness getting it back into running shape.  
It has taken me seven long months of tearing this apart, replacing parts and ordering things to get it running enough to drive it around the driveway.  I still have a ways to go to be where I want to be with the Oliver but I will be honest and say that I have been just a little bit disheartened by all of the problems that I have had throughout the last seven months.  Getting to finally drive this tractor that I have dreamed of driving for a good many years was all the motivation that I needed to get myself back into high gear and get the old girl running and pushing snow, dirt, manure and anything else that gets in my way!!  So without further delay I have video proof that the Oliver is a running machine!
                                                   Finally some fun with the Oliver
Needless to say you will definitely be seeing more blog posts about the Oliver and many more videos but the good news is that it is running.  I would also like to recognize that Allyssia braved the cold with me to take the pictures and push the starter button 700 times so that I could have the Oc3 running tonight! Stay tuned and remember to leave a comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment