Tuesday, November 20, 2018

Warm the Heart

Here in the great forested state many of us enjoy cutting, splitting, hauling, and stacking firewood for the winter.  It is especially pleasant in the winter when you have been out shoveling roofs or snow-blowing and are chilled to the bone.  To be able to sit in front of the radiating heat coming from a wood stove that is going full bore is a feeling like no other. With that said, today I finally was able to move my old oil boiler and move my wood stove into place.  Tomorrow I will pick up the stove pipe and on Thanksgiving I can have a nice fire to keep the house warm for the festivities. 
Just a little history on this stove before I call it quits for tonight - this stove was given to me by a customer when I inquired about it. He said "If you can get it out of the basement it's yours"and that should have been my sign to leave it there but I persisted.  With five people, a lot of swearing and a lot of struggling we got it out of one basement and into Allyssia and my old house's basement.  We used it for two winters there and when we moved it followed.  Here it has set in my garage for a few months and then moved to the front porch and finally, to it's last resting place in my basement.  This winter if I am not in the shop you know you can find me sitting by the wood stove in my tractor seat stool soaking up the heat.

No comments:

Post a Comment