Thursday, November 22, 2018

Carrying in a New Project

Up until the past few years most of my projects have involved wheeled machinery that I can push, pull, or drive into the shop.  I have been slowly switching interests so to speak to larger tractors and another type of farm equipment.  The other type of farm equipment is something that I was introduced to young and have always been interested but have not always had the room for.  The farm equipment I speak of is of course hit and miss engines.   I have owned a few engines for a while now but had no job for them to do.  I also did not have the room to store them or a permanent place to build for them.  Since buying our farm I now have a garage and land that I can build a nice pole barn to store my newly acquired Bulldog and saw rig. See previous blog (The Bulldog Blog)  I am also looking for a few other hit and miss powered pieces of machinery to play around with as well. 
One of the pieces I would like to find is a hay press.  A hay press is basically a  baler that you feed by hand and have to tie the bales together by hand.  It would be a fun way to take care of the hay that I cut around the pastures and I would be running a hit and miss engine at the same time. 

The other major implement I would like to have is a Clark mills foundry wood splitter like the one shown above.  These splitters were made right in Rumford Maine and I would like one just to go along with my saw rig.  Back to the topic at hand! I finally brought one of my engines home that I had bought about three years back.  It was stored at my parents but is coming home to get fixed.




It's a smaller engine than my other two and luckily the skid steer was able to lift it out of the truck and set it into the shop.



So here it is, another project to pile up on top of the other projects.  I always want more projects even if I already have a lot of them.  So there it is, the longest introduction to a new project ever.  Stay tuned for more tomorrow, I have a fun little day planned with lots of pictures to come. 




No comments:

Post a Comment