Saturday, April 1, 2017

The first of the horse barn projects

Today I was able to strike another job of from my to do list for this summer.  Allyssia and I built a sawdust bin for the barn.  It is nothing overly major but for my part time carpentry skills it's a job well done.  I started early this morning and of course I completely forgot to take some before pictures so until I get it through my head that the before pictures are important, these will have to do.
Allyssia is getting quite handy with the drill!  Everything was done to match the barn so its all 1x6 boards.  That also makes it easier because all our fencing is 1x6 so any extra boards can be used for fence repair. 
The outcome is quite nice.  It is indeed square AND level.  We also have removable boards for this open end so when our local sawmill has shavings and sawdust we can stockpile it.  The top of the sawdust bin is also boarded off as a storage space and yes it is braced because it will get overloaded.  The tool holders were another  amazing idea by Allyssia to tidy up the barn a little bit.  They are merely scrap pieces of 2" PVC pipe from my work for the tools to hang in.
         I feel that I should say that all of this work could not be accomplished if it weren't for the tools I have.  Between my Estwing hammer DeWalt drill and battery sawsall and my new Makita skill saw these projects go smoothly.  My next project will be a half door for Allyssia's tack room.  We are putting this on a little late as we have sold our goats and they are the ones that made the most mess in there. Hope you have enjoyed the update.  

No comments:

Post a Comment