Thursday, April 26, 2018

A Rainy Day Update

So its raining here and even though I have this amazing little garage to work in the rain really kills my motivation to work.  Since I am not getting anything done you would think that there is nothing to post about?  Here at the Rusty Gold Farm there is constantly something at least mildly exciting going on.  In the course of a week I do a lot and if I were to write it all on here I would have 500 posts by now and many of them would be semi boring.  All that aside this week I finally hauled a few more tractors onto a trailer and home. 
The front tractor was the first Articulated Bolens tractor that I bought.  I put a lot of time and money into that one and when I got it, the tractor was non running and had no attachments.  The one on the back of the trailer is more or less my parts machine and was the last of the articulated tractors that I bought.  That one was bought mainly for the mower deck and the cab doors. 




A good amount of the parts from the number three machine are gong towards keeping this machine running.  This was the second articulated tractor I bought and it came with a working snowblower and a mower deck that was in sad shape.  I combined the best parts of both mower decks to make the one functioning one that I had just put on the tractor in this picture.







The Bolens Groundskeeper is one of my favorite tractors that I own.  They are so fun to steer and drive and mowing with them is an absolute joy.  The snowblowing part leaves a little bit to be desired but that is to be expected from a two wheel drive machine when you live on a hill.



This particular tractor mows great with the new rebuilt mower deck.  My welder Wayne Adams At Mid State Welding built up and balanced the specialty center blades with stainless steel rod to make the tractor mow better than ever.  to top it off the blades are probably stronger than ever.

 On a note that is not Bolens Groundskeeper tractors, I bought a hot water pressure washer as well.I have always wanted one of these and have many times traveled around to use pressure
washers at different friends places.  I got this one for the right price since the burner doesn't work.   That sounds like it could be a problem except for the fact that I am an oil burner repair man.  I have given it a quick look over and I have tested the pump and boy doesn't it put out some pressure.  It will come in handy for cleaning the mud off from the bongo truck and washing the grease and grime off from all of my tractors, especially before I work on them to keep myself a little bit cleaner.



There will be more on this later once the burner is running and when there is a 220v outlet in my shop or one on the porch that I can hook it up to.

But for tonight I am calling it a close and I will be back soon.  Check back often and don't be afraid to leave me a comment to let me know what you think.  I always love input and new ideas!. take care and come back often!



No comments:

Post a Comment