Monday, April 30, 2018

Another Great Migration

The Timberlake Farm Stand has finally arrived at the Rusty Gold Farm!!  Saturday morning started out as normal as you would expect around here, Allyssia left for a clinic in New Gloucester at five thirty and for once I slept in!  So at seven thirty sharp I was up and about.  Cricket and I took care of the horses, gathered up supplies and headed for Livermore Falls.  We made a few pit stops to deliver eggs to a few of our customers and switched into the rack truck at work.  We grabbed the rack truck for the winch that hooks into the tow hitch.  Once we had done all of the things it was time to finally meet Grampa at the old house and load the stand on the trailer.









I used the truck to move it away from the road and into the open where Grampa could back the trailer up to it.  For its size the Farm Stand is surprisingly light and easy to maneuver with just a long pry bar. 









The loading went so quick once we hooked the winch on that I completely missed the opportunity to take pictures.  We were expecting hours to load it but it took us less than ten minutes.  Unfortunately we had to load it with the pitch of the roof facing backwards so strapping the stand proved semi difficult.  But after a short time strapping and chaining it was on the road.







The left picture is what we were going to call good as far as the strapping but we were worried about the roof so we threw a chain and ratchet strap over the roofing to hold it on and keep it from becoming a giant kite. 







Now especially after it loading so easily I for one thought that the unloading was going to be horror.  My father came up to help us unload it and again to my surprise it unloaded with ease.




 We used pry bars and two by sixes to slide the stand down the trailer ramps and once the back was on the ground we drove the trailer out from under the remaining bit. 







 For Saturday I was done with the Farm Stand.  I started on other projects and still had time to get quite a bit of work done.  In the rest of the day I hauled some hay,  ripped up some old chicken fencing, and helped my boss out a little bit.  Sunday morning started like Saturday did except after chores I was staying home to jack the Farm Stand onto some cinder blocks.  These two pictures show the beginning of it and for a while it wasn't pretty. Luckily I have done a little bit of shed moving with other family members so it turned out all right




And around noon time we had our finished product.  Cricket looked just perfect on the Farm Stand.  Now we are just waiting for the soil in the garden to dry a little so that we can plant and start selling out of the cutest little Farm Stand in town!















So Remember to check back often we have so much more exciting happenings going on here and to top it off more cute pictures of Cricket.  Until next time leave a comment and let me know what you think. 



No comments:

Post a Comment