Saturday, April 14, 2018

The First Modification But Not The Last

As promised I have a super video of my new wood splitter taking on some real good sized oak logs and a nice little commentary on how well it works.  As well as the splitter working I have the awesome modification I added to my Supersplit to show off.   Today I am going to end with the video but start with some pictures of the splitter and the Log lift I added to it to make my job easier. 
Here it is! As far as I am concerned probably one of the best attachments I could possibly add to this already amazing machine.  It is made by a different company but it bolted on with just a few small holes and some slight modification to the work table. 
 
On the left is the worktable that had to be removed from the machine to drill holes in the I-Beam and to cut a few small notches in the table.  At the top of the table I had to take just under half an inch off from the table and then a two inch chunk out of the that you can see.  In hindsight that hole could have been slightly smaller but it doesn't hurt the operation at all.  The picture on the right starring my favorite Honda 250sx three wheeler is showing off how wide the log lift makes the splitter for transport.  The lift is also removable with three super easy pins. 

When first fitting it on Allyssia had to come out to the shop and help remove the work table.  It is a fairly heavy chunk of steel and when removing it you also remove the bolts holding the leg onto the splitter. 




Now for what I promised a video of the splitter making light work of some larger logs and the log lift taking the hard work out of getting those logs onto the splitter. 
                                                 Modified Supersplit with Log Lift
I hope you all enjoyed the video.  My video taking skills are getting better and my GoPro makes it so easy to do.  The editing once I have them on the computer is another story but I get it there so I must be doing alright.  As always check back often and with spring coming there will be lots of new projects. 

1 comment:

  1. I love your videos. So informative! Nice looking dog, too.

    ReplyDelete