Tuesday, April 9, 2019

A Little Cream Separator Engine

I would think that it comes as no surprise that I have acquired yet another hit and miss engine project.  For my sake this particular engine is smaller and lighter than the last few that have followed me home.  Now I have had many people at work see me and my engines at the Apple Pumpkin Festival and ask me why I need so many because they don't do anything.  I don't have a really good answer for them except that I really enjoy the engines and I absolutely love history.  I also love to teach others what things from our farming past are, but most of all I love to use them for something useful when I can.  Without further ado I present to you the Empire Cream separator engine.
Now before you say anything - yes, it does look a little bit rough with no muffler, the skid falling apart and covered in grease but this is the best way to find them!  This little gem is going to wait until warmer weather to be steam cleaned and then disassembled because it needs a little TLC, including some paint and a nice little cart.
It is a small little engine so for now I don't mind sliding it around the garage but for shows I want to have everything on carts so that moving them around is easy and not stressful. 




So there we have it, the newest addition to the farm and newest obstacle in the garage, but it is a well liked obstacle.  As always feel free to leave a comment ask questions and always check back to see what is new here at the farm. 


No comments:

Post a Comment