Tuesday, April 23, 2019

A Miscellaneous Night

An uneventful week makes for a slow blog post but since I am never completely at an idle there is still a bunch to share.  To start out I finally hauled my car lift home.  Allyssia is ever so impressed (NOT) with this giant rusty pile of metal in the yard but none the less it is here.  The lift has set at my parents for around seven years and I had every intention of setting it up there but as we see here it has now moved locations but is not set up. 
It is sitting in the driveway until the ground dries up where I want to set it up.  Once the ground is dry, I am going to have a dump truck load of gravel brought in and then it will be permanently set up. Otherwise Allyssia and I have been out walking in the fields and enjoying the warm weather.  The dogs are not too happy though because they cant go swimming quite yet. 

The water is not as high as it was this winter when we had an ice jam but it is moving way too fast for the dogs to go swimming.  With most of the snow melted the stream should start go down enough for the dogs to enjoy themselves soon. 

With the warm weather finally upon us I was able to test my steam cleaner out.  This winter I rebuilt the oil burner so that I could wash things with hot water and yesterday I tried to get it running.  When I tried to start it up I had no pressure but a new hose solved everything. 
With the new hose I fired the burner and honestly to my surprise I had hot water.  Later this week look for a blog post full of before and afters as I steam clean engines, tractors and trucks.  Until next time stay tuned and check back often.



No comments:

Post a Comment