Monday, April 15, 2019

Sliding!

For reasons that I have not yet figured out, some homes are built without outside bulkheads to get into the basement.  My basement just happens to be one of these fine square boxes of concrete with just a tiny little window into the basement from the outside.  This past winter I only brought a small amount of wood in and I dealt with bending over and tossing the cord and a half of wood in through the little window.  Even though I was careful in how I threw the wood in I still managed to bounce many pieces of wood off the frame and start to damage it.  I could see that after a few years I would be replacing the window casing.  That got me thinking that I can work now and avoid that work later.  With that thought I began designing a wood slide.  I very easily obtained an oil tank from work, cut the top off and burned the excess oil.
That left me with a nice tub.  With an angle grinder and a handful of cutting blades I began to carve the tank into something usable.  Once cut into a rough slide shape came the trick of getting the right angle and the correct length for the legs.  This project actually started a few months back but I had to wait for the snow to melt to get some measurements and test the slide in the window. 
After over a month on hold, my friend Tristan came over for an afternoon and helped me weld some braces and the axle on to the legs. 
Without further ado I made an awesome video of the wood slide in action and I hope you all enjoy it!
                                         The Rusty Gold Farm Wood Slide
 As always I love hearing what everyone thinks of my projects and any ideas to better then are always appreciated!  Stay tuned and check back often!

No comments:

Post a Comment