Thursday, April 4, 2019

The First Time Since Fall

Since before the first snowfall it has set, tucked off to the side, gleaming in the sun and waiting until today.  It has traveled many miles behind my old trusted truck that I have lovingly re named "Rusty".  It has hauled horses, tractors, the Bongo Truck, firewood and helped us move to our new home.  It is more than just any old trailer - it is Allyssia's dream trailer. 
When the notification came in today that my package had been delivered I knew that today was the day that Clunk would get to do some real work. Finally Clunk was getting a gooseneck hitch.
Before installing the plate and taking off with the trailer the truckload of shavings had to come out and the bed needed to be cleaned.  One wheelbarrow at a time I unloaded the shavings and then leafblowed the bed clean.  Once cleaned, the plate dropped into the rails that were already in the bed and I was able to pin it in. 
Since the trailer was hooked to Rusty last the jack was all the way up to make it over the flatbed so I had to drop the hitch down onto a block, extend the jack and then set it onto the new plate in the bed.  With that Cricket and I took off to see how the new truck handled the trailer. 

Just like it was meant to be is the only way to describe how well the trailer towed.  With the tow haul mode on, the truck rode smooth, shifted well and still went down the road amazingly.  The only way I could be happier is if Rusty my old '93 was pulling the trailer but until I get around to fixing and rebuilding I guess Clunk will be toting Allyssia and the horses around and probably me and my equipment as well.  Until next time stay tuned and check back often. 

No comments:

Post a Comment