Sunday, May 5, 2019

An Amazing Warm Weekend

Allyssia and I had an amazing weekend to go along with the awesome weather that we were graced with!  On Saturday we attended a birth class at the Farmington hospital.  We both really enjoyed the class as well as the tour of the birth wing at the hospital.  After that we did not do much but we fired up the grill and had our first burgers of the year on the grill!
Allyssia and the dogs were anxiously waiting for the food to come off from the grill.  Emily always thinks I might feed her and if you look in the corner you can see that Cricket was staring at her Frisbee not the food.  Sunday we had free so we really moved along and got quite a bit done.  With the awesome weather we also did a bit of relaxing!
 Cricket is the best at relaxing under the tree that she always loves to lay under.  We have dubbed this little pine tree the "Cricket Tree".   When we were not relaxing we got a lot done! For starters I got my little electric fencer sheds set on the frost posts and almost ready to go!




Starting out with the flattest part of ground next to the paddocks I used the borrowed post hole digger and set four foot chunks of telephone pole.



One of the sheds I set slightly taller posts so that I could have the shed up off from the ground more in case I decide to add some fill and level the ground around it out.  Before I continue I have to jump back a few months to when I built the sheds that are going on the platforms I just built. 



With only inches to spare I built both of the sheds in my garage with the furnace running because there was still snow on the ground and one of the nights it was snowing while I was out there building it.  My construction methods were not perfect but the shed is up and it is sturdy as can be.  But enough of the cold and wintry and back to today's beautiful weather where I was setting the sheds up.



This first one is right next to the barn where we already have the tape on the fence and we have a fencer.  My next bit of business on the shed is to run some conduit underground from the barn to the shed to run the fence so that I don't ruin any more extension cords next winter plowing. 



The second shed is the higher of the two and will be on hold for a bit until we get the electric tape and insulators so that we can turn horses out here.  The last thing that I did before heading in and grilling teriyaki chicken was play in the mud, oh wait I mean rototilling the garden.  The garden is still super muddy but I wanted to aerate it a bit and hopefully help it dry out so that I can rototill it again without looking like I was at the mud runs. 



The tilling did leave the garden looking better but it was still a mess. Everything is still very wet around our lawn and fields.  But with more days like today it will dry out and we will be having more and more fun exciting days like today.  As always stay tuned and check back often. 


No comments:

Post a Comment