Tuesday, May 7, 2019

Starting on the New Focus

When most folks buy a "new" car they go to the dealer pay for the car, hop in and drive home.  Around here we haul the car home on a trailer and do some minor repairs to it and then we have a sweet running car for much cheaper.  For the past two nights I have been starting on the list of repairs that the dealership sent us with that are keeping the car from inspection.  With the exception of the drivers side rocker panel they are all simple fixes.  I started with getting the rear tires off as they were bald and while I had it apart I changed the leaking rear shocks. 
One shock was still "good" but the one on the left was definitely leaking.  I like to change both because I feel that is one goes the other is not too far behind it, and they are cheap especially if you can do the work yourself.  Then I changed the passengers side lower ball joint.  The ball joint was bolted in so it turned out to be around a twenty minute job. 
That leaves me with getting two tires on it and the rocker panel.  I will have the tires tomorrow but the rocker panels could take me a little longer. 




Here is my after picture where I cut the old rocker out exposing the inner rocker panel and frame.  This is the second Ford Focus I have done rockers on so it should be a breeze.  I am going to bend the rockers up at work this week and hopefully start installing them this weekend.  Overall this project is going very well and I hope to have this car on the road in a week or two.  Allyssia will be so happy to be back in her Focus and it will be a little better on fuel.  Until next time remember to check back often and leave us a comment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment