Friday, May 10, 2019

Hopefully a Happy Mailman

Since we moved into our house the mailbox has been the same.  The mailbox is a simple black plastic box screwed onto a 3x3 landscaping timber.  This winter the frost finally tipped it way back so it must have been getting difficult for the mailman to reach it.  So with my fathers tractor and the post hole digger that my Father-in-law was awesome enough to let me borrow I went to work.  Originally I was going to just set one post for the mailbox but my brother Trevor, gave me a bunch of short telephone pole chunks so I figured why not make a wide mailbox stand. 
I used all repurposed materials, but the mailbox is only temporary.  I also have filled in around the posts more since the first picture was taken to help sturdy them up even though they are four feet deep!
To add some color to the mailbox stand Allyssia set up this beautiful hanging planter to keep the place looking nice.
Lastly I did have to go out and get the big oversized mailbox for two reasons.  The first reason is that we used to have a big mailbox when I was younger and secondly so the mailman has more room when Allyssia is getting all of her LuLaRoe.  This was an exceptionally fun little project and I have a few more like this planned for the summer.  Stay tuned and check back often!

No comments:

Post a Comment