Sunday, December 10, 2017

Disaster strikes for the new tractor


Saturday afternoon when I had gotten home from some service calls I had some free time to work on my new tractor.  It was having some fuel delivery issues that were keeping it from running right so I replaced the fuel shutoff that was plugged up and re-cleaned the carburetor.  After that the tractor started and ran decently and I was able to test it a little better.
It was running and steering really well and I was starting to get used to running the bucket controls with my feet.  I took it on a few laps around the driveway and even pushed some logs with it.  The tractor was still having some trouble with the governor keeping up and keeping the engine revved but nothing major.  After riding around for the better part of half an hour I backed it into its spot and put the board under the bucket and got off to check a few things while it was still running. 




As I crouched down on the carburetor side of the tractor it made quite the bang and died.  I wasn't sure what had happened but when I hit the starter button it was pretty much confirmed that the engine threw a rod.  This is only par for course but it is still disheartening that now the tractor needs a new motor before I can run it again. 







For now this is as close as we get to driving the new tractor.  In the meantime I am back on the search for a motor and searching for a good name for the old girl.  Until next time stay tuned and leave a comment and let us know what you think.

1 comment: