Saturday, December 9, 2017

The new tractor



Wednesday came and went and I did indeed get the new tractor home by way of the horse trailer.  Since the days are so short we of course had to load it in the dark.  To load it I ran the four wheeler and pulled it while Allyssia sat on the seat and released the hydraulics.  The tractor itself is quite a heavy little machine. 
And here is where it landed Wednesday night, barely off the trailer but home.  I was able to pull the carburetor off on Thursday but that is all that I had time for.  The fuel tank came off next and was set on top of the wood stove plenum to melt the ice and evaporate the water out of it.  Once dry I used a trick that Grampa taught me and threw a small short chain in the tank and shook it all around to get any loose debris out of the tank.
With the bucket up high I began Friday evening resembling the engine.  I replaced the fuel lines and fuel filter for good measure and installed the carburetor and low and behold it started and ran! Not well - but it ran! 
 Allyssia even likes the looks of the little bugger.  Right now it isn't running good enough for her to test run it, but hopefully soon it will be.  It is acting like it is not getting enough fuel to keep it running.   I was able to test the lift system on it and it is pretty tough.  I was able to lift the whole front of the tractor off the ground




The plan is to try to get the engine running correct this weekend and really test the tractor out and pick up the plow.  I am on call but plan on doing all I can to get it running during the day to have some good clear videos.  Let me know what you think and stay tuned for this weekends post.

No comments:

Post a Comment