Wednesday, December 27, 2017

A lull for Christmas break

I have definitely had a bit of a space over the Christmas holiday and not only have I not posted but I haven't done anything really tractor related. I have made a few small modifications to the engine bay in the caterpillar, went to Grampa's and got the aluminum motor mounts for the caterpillar and drilled the holes in them, and cleaned the coils and flywheel on the new motor.  I am still waiting on the parts needed to get the motor ready to go on the tractor.




These arrows point out the coil and the magnet on the flywheel that gives the coil the energy to fire the spark plug. Both need to be real clean and they need to be ten thousandths of an inch apart to work.
























The only other excitement after Christmas is that I am going to be able to take better videos of my equipment in action.  Allyssia got me a new Gop Pro Hero 5 Black. 






Its a very small yet high resolution camera with a touchscreen on the back.  I wanted the screen so that when it gets setup for a video I can tell where it is aiming.  It also has the little button so it can be controlled from a distance to start and stop a video or take a picture. 

GoProHero5black

Check the link above for more info and the technical specs. 




So that's it for today nothing too exciting but I should be picking up a bunch of my parts tomorrow so it will hopefully be an eventful week into the weekend!



No comments:

Post a Comment